FAQ"sWhat are the Intended effects of facial rejuvenation?
- wrinkle reduction
- adjustment of facial muscle tone to more youthful firmness to reduce or eliminate sagging areas
- normalization of skin coloration to more healthy hues
- reduction or elimination of acne, blemishes and age spots
- increase in collagen and elastin production to fill out and contour the face
- facilitating a healthy, vibrant glow to the face
Each person is different and has unique goals and needs. Generally speaking, 10-20 sessions are recommended for the natural “facelift” effect. You will notice a difference in how you look and feel after the first treatment. By the 3rd to 4th treatment, your friends and family will begin to notice changes. The lasting and more dramatic effects are generally seen by the 9th and 10th treatments. We recommend the first 10 sessions be received twice weekly and the following 10 sessions spaced from weekly to monthly, depending on each person’s needs.
Is the Treatment Uncomfortable?
This is the most relaxing facial treatment you will ever receive! Many people fall asleep during these sessions, then wake feeling and looking as if they have had a great rest. Unlike many traditional medical esthetic treatments, this is a non-invasive and painless treatment designed to cleanse, revitalize, and nourish the skin. During some of the phases of treatment, you may notice a tingling or prickling sensation, which we adjust to your comfort level.
Conventional non-surgical options for improving one’s facial appearance include chemical peels, laser treatments, and microdermabrasion to improve skin texture, thermage, botox injections, silicon and other cosmetic filler injections to eliminate wrinkles. These non-surgical cosmetic procedures are not without risks. There's the possibility of an allergic reaction to topical anesthetics or injectable fillers. Chemical peels and microdermabrasion can result in scarring or uneven skin color. Many of these procedures are painful to endure and all are focused on local treatment of the skin only.
How does ELRTM work?
Lines and acupuncture points on the face and other body regions are stimulated with a combination of low-frequency microcurrent electrical stimulation and color light. Microcurrents work directly on the nerves, muscles fibers and blood circulation, and promotes collagen and elastin production. Color light works by enhancing subtle regulatory and cellular communication systems throughout the body.
The lifting and rejuvenating effects on the face take place through adjustment of muscle tone, detoxification and cleansing of the skin, stimulation of collagen production and adjustment of the energy meridian circuits that connect the face with the viscera.
Microcurrent facials offer some or all of the following effects:
- Improve and balance muscle tension (tone) to more youthful tautness. This could involve relaxation (yin) effects for tense muscles or toning (yang) effects for slack muscles or fascia.
- Improve circulation of qi, blood and fluids (lymph) in the face and other body areas. This provides better nutrition for the cells, carries away waste more efficiently and reveals natural beauty and radiance in the face.
- Promote healing and anti-inflammatory effects for skin lesions, acne, rosacea and other skin irritations.
- Bring more Shen, or Spirit into the eyes.
- Help release neuro-peptides that promote feelings of well-being on a physical and emotional level. This is reflected in the beauty of the face.
- Stimulate whole-body benefits through micro-system effects on facial zones that connect with internal organs and body systems.
To watch a short seated demonstration and listen to the developer of this device and treatment protocol, see this ABC TV Feature - Microcurrent Facial Rejuvenation And Pain Relief posted on YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CcN8zTphK6U